8 ½ SECRETS is an easy to use self-study (or group) training manual for seasoned leaders as well as newbies challenged with achieving important ministry goals. Recruiting, training and supervising an ever-rotating part-time staff are not easy tasks for anyone in any organization. Volunteer leaders will learn how to shepherd with confidence by developing healthy, Biblically-based leadership skills to mentor, coach and nurture their volunteers. This may not be everything in the world leaders need to know, but they need to know everything in this book!
This manual is user-friendly, practical and packed with resources including worksheets, training materials, and assessment tools used either as self-study or group training material – the perfect hands-on resource for someone you feel is ready to step into leadership. Ministry leaders will not just read about, they will learn:
• How to give encouragement that actually encourages (4 Steps)
• How to give compassionate criticism (6 Steps)
• How to run meetings that don’t drive volunteers crazy, or away (7 Key Elements of Effective Meetings)
• How to restructure opportunities to increase volunteer participation (i.e. grow your Volunteer Base)
• How to lead with humility to become the leader God intended
• How to energize your unpaid workforce; and much more.
AFTER 9/15/19 you can download Chapter 2 for FREE!
How to Encourage with Credibility
Simply go to: www.howtokeepvolunteers.org